Many gamblers believe that slots are a game completely based on luck. This is not completely true as you will see with our slot strategy. However there is no winning slot strategy, you can only increase your odds. The odds you get when playing slots are similar to those for roulette but the rewards are better. With our slot strategy you will learn the following topics:
- The strategies that do not work, don’t waste your time
- The slot strategy that WILL increase your odds
- The online casinos that give you the best odds and why
A good slot strategy will help you increase your odds of winning but there are some myths about slot strategy that do not work. Do not waste your time with the following myths:
Counting spins: Slots do not have a memory, the only memory they have is your balance. Counting spins is completely useless because every spin is completely random and independently from the previous spins.
Slots pay more during a certain time of day: There is absolutely no way of knowing how slots machines are programmed. When believing that you will have better odds when you play at 3:00pm or 5:00 am you are only fooling yourself. Slots payoff completely random and you can hit a jackpot at any time of the day.
Now that you know what slot strategies are useless I will show you what you ca do to increase your odds.
- Make your money last as long as possible. Slot machines are supposed to be fun and the more time you can spend with them, the more fun it will be to you. So, start by putting in the smallest denomination of coins possible, and then if you are winning, increase that amount. Remember if you risk less you can play longer. The longer you can play without risking any additional money of your own, the better your chance that you will line up that winning combination for a big payout.
- Decide what your goals are for playing the slots. If you hope to win a huge jackpot, then you should look for a slot machine with a progressive jackpot that can reach well over $100,000. If you are simply looking to play for a while and would rather win smaller to medium size winnings more frequently then choose a slot machine that does not have a progressive jackpot, but one with bonus rounds that allow for more frequent wins.
- If your goal is to go for the jackpot then in order to win the jackpot, you must play the maximum coin bet. Again, choose a slot machine with a denomination that you can afford.
- Most slots reward you for playing the maximum number of coins. For example the jackpot may pay 2000 coins with 2 coins played, but 4000 coins when 3 coins are played. If you don’t feel comfortable playing the maximum coins you might consider moving down to a machine that accepts lower-value coins so you can play the maximum. For example instead of playing one coin at a dollar machine, play the maximum number of coins at a quarter machine. Some online casinos let you play for nickels. If you’re playing a progressive machine, remember that you’ll probably have to bet the maximum number of coins to be eligible to win the big jackpot.
- Only play the best paying slots. Look for slots that payout between 95 and 99 percent and only play those. Players should note that machines that require $1 and higher machines usually payout 95-99%. Statistical research data indicate that $5 or higher machines have the highest percentage payout range. The range starts at 93.7% and goes up to 98.5%. Remember – these are ranges and averages, not absolute values. The next highest payouts come from $1 machines followed by 50-cent machines, 25-cent machines, and 5-cent machines. You will often see signs that say “Up to 98% payback” indicating that they have loose machines. This means that over the long term the slot will pay out 98 cents of every dollar that is played. The “up to” is the key point here. It means that a casino could have only one machine set to pay back at 98% to comply with the sign. If you find an area of slots with a sign without the “up to” you may want to give it a try.
- Know the odds. The result of each spin of the wheels is determined by a computer program that generates random results. This is true for both online slots games and slot machines found in hotel casinos. The machines can easily be set by the casino to generate whatever payout they choose. For example, they may set it to 95%. That means for every 100 dollars bet, the machine will, on average, pay out 95 dollars. The other five dollars goes to the casino and that’s how they make their profit. Of course, that’s just on average. It’s possible, if Lady Luck is on your side, to make hundreds or even thousands of dollars with just one spin.